The Cost of War
Last month I had a prolonged debate with an anonymous commenter . He wrote: " I don’t think world peace wouldn’t be great, just that it is completely unrealistic. But there you go again with the, “killing people” garbage. In your mind, Bush and congress gave the OK to go to Iraq, we strapped a bunch of bombs to some jets and went over there and just started letting loose on every Iraqi town we could find. Am I close? I don’t know if you just don’t do any reading about what we are doing and have done over there, or if this is another symptom of getting your news from Comedy Central . " and " By the way, did you know more people were murdered in Chicago last summer than died in the Iraq war last summer ? " Here's my response: 4.8 million Vietnamese people were exposed to Agent Orange , resulting in 400,000 deaths and disabilities, and 500,000 children born with birth defects Landmines are cheap to make, easy to bury, and difficult to find and neutralize. A...
I agree on the telepromter thing, it's pretty silly. I don't get why so many people jumped on that band wagon. I think it is just a way for those people who generally disagree with him to degrade him without learning about his policies, etc. I would be terrified to speak to the people he addresses with out a GIANT telepromter.
ReplyDeleteThis came up after I watched the video:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk&feature=player_embedded
For the sake of our country I hope he sticks with the teleprompter :)
I agree with Crystal. Let's hope he sticks with it. He seems to do better when he has time to compose his thoughts beforehand. Most people do.
ReplyDelete